Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Roller Skate Reese

Reese had a birthday party for a friend this past weekend at a roller rink. Reese has never been on skates before, so this was a real treat. I went Christmas shopping with the boys and Christopher took Reese to her party.

Christopher said that she was a natural. We'll have to plan more skate dates. I didn't even know their was a rink anywhere near us.


She had a lot of fun with her friends and I think she particularly loved that she spent time with her daddy.


Reese loves to be silly with daddy!

She left the party with a new found love of skating, a roller skate cookie and a lunch date with daddy! She was more than satisfied and certainly a happy girl when she got home!

8 comments:

Chelsea said...

Your kids always go to/have the neatest birthday parties. I can't wait until Hudson is old enough to party - or until we move close enough to come to yours!?

Gma & Pa Haslam said...

What a special date/party she had. Fun for Dad too.

The Little Buckaroos said...

boy, does that take me back when we used to go hang at the roller rink! good times, good times....

just jen said...

i am not good at roller skating...and let's not even talk about ice skating!

i hope my kids are more coordinated than i am.

Brynn said...

OHH roller skating, that brings back memories, how fun for Reese!

Rebecca Pierce said...

Fancy cookies! We haven't taken Ruby rollerskating yet, but she's been ice skating, and it was quite a chore to keep her off her bum. Reece must be really coordinated to pick it up so easily. Maybe from Jenni's comment, ice skating is harder. Hmmmmm, I hadn't considered that.

The Whetstone Family said...

Wow, roller skating is hard, way to go Reese! I wouldn't have known there are still rinks around, either! Funny.

Carrie said...

I didn't know roller skates (as opposed to inline skates) existed anymore, let alone a rink. Good thing though, roller skating is a classic. I expect to see the Lloyd family roller skate outing post soon.