Sunday, December 21, 2008

Jog'r Egg Nog'r 5k

This weekend was the Jog'r Egg Nog'r 5k at Norbuck Park in Dallas. I had actually been preparing for this race, unlike my last 5k, so come race day I was pumped and ready for action.

I brought my fan club with me!

Reese gave me lots of encouragement while Caden chased Gavin with a large stick. That was, until a dog mistook Caden to be playing catch with him!

After the dog got a hold of his stick and got it all slobbered on, he didn't want anything to do with it.

The race started promptly at 9:00am (I love winter's late start times) and I was off. It was a beautiful run with views of downtown Dallas and trails along White Rock Lake.

While I ran, the kids took a scenic tour of the wooded area of the park for exploring with Daddy.

I love this shot that Christopher got of Caden while exploring in the woods.

Reese found heart shaped leaves.

Another cool shot. If only we had an awesome camera...

Reese was leading the pack most of the time, taking turns with Gavin of course.

My run was so good! I loved most of every moment of it. Despite it being 70 degrees with LOADS of humidity, and a supremely over sized long sleeve shirt (in which I had to keep pulling my sleeves up all during the race), I managed to not get too over heated. After I finished the first thing Gavin said was, "mom, did you know that your face has purple on it over here and red over there". Yes, my son, my body does not know how to cool itself properly and therefore everyone thinks they need to call for an ambulance when I run! I also really missed my running partner, Marni, this time around. She took her daughter to the Nutcracker, so she skipped out on this one.

This run was a personal best for me. I ran the 5k in 34 minutes 40 seconds (it wasn't chipped) which is good for me, however, I know I would have been faster if I hadn't gotten stuck behind and working my way through all the walkers and mobs of people for the first 1/4 mile at the beginning. My goal is to get to a 30 minute 5k. Time to get training again for our next race, the Snowman Shuffle on the 10th of Jan. or maybe the Too Cold To Hold race on the 17th b.c it will be chipped.

9 comments:

Brynn said...

Way to go Sariah, you are SuperWoman!

Gma & Pa Haslam said...

Good Job!!! Check out my site.

Rebecca Pierce said...

That is a great accomplishment. My closest friend is a marathoner and she started like you! I love that you got your best time and have goals for the future. It would take me that long to run 1k. Literally. Well WALK one, but that would be a run for me. Anyway, super great! Chris got some really worthy shots while you were running!

Stefanie said...

(K had to delete that previous comment because for some reason it posted as Taylor....what a dork I am!)

Love the pictures of the kids. I must say my favs are the ones of the kids from behind. I seem to always take those kinds of pics and my family thinks I'm weird.

Those darn walkers! Next time just push them down. GREAT job! You are AWESOME! Hey do you get eggnog at the end?

The Whetstone Family said...

Wow! That's so great! I'm a horrible runner. I haven't even been exercising at all for about a month now. Ugh. Need to get back into it.

Sariah said...

Stefanie, they sure did. You could get your Eggnog plain, with Rum or Whiskey! You missed out! Wasn't Dave supposed to run?

Camille said...

You are one hot mama!! congrats!!

just jen said...

you are a REAL women...that is so great.

i was hoping you would show all the free loot you got...

Carrie said...

You're looking good lady. Congrats on the PB. You should have just knocked those walkers down.