Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Red Hot New Year's Eve

Christopher had to spend New Years with the youth of the church (that's what happens most holidays when YM pres.) so the kids and I lit up the night with fireworks (albeit tame, fountains, sparklers, smoke bombs, and pop its and Christopher was there for a bit), played games, watched some Harry Potter and had pizza with root beer floats. Yum! A lot more mellow than last years farewell.

This fountain was pretty awesome. Mostly b.c it started our drought thirsty lawn on fire!

This got out of hand real fast, however Christopher was prepared with massive stomping action.

The last night skyline of 2008 was quite a sight. Unfortunately, my camera doesn't quite capture its mystic!

Some sparkler action. I know, I know, calm down already, right?

We were some serious party animals!

Red hot, baby.

Some 'pop it' stompin' action.

Smoke bombs. Oh, glorious stench bombs.

Caden loved holding "fire".

8 comments:

Carrie said...

You're all pyro's! It looks fun. And I totally know what you mean about the skyline pic. The moon and the lighting never seem to come out right.

Stefanie said...

Hunter and Dave did fireworks here while I was partying it up with the youth. No pictures though and thank goodness they didn't set our grass on fire. That's actually really funny...now!

Brynn said...

You guys are brave, fireworks make me nervous, probably b/c Sean's brothers always start something on fire!

Rebecca Pierce said...

For a minute I thought you were doing the fireworks with out C at midnight with the kids. Whew, that would be a chore! What fun!

Gma & Pa Haslam said...

Oh what funa and joy. Wished that we could be there to encourage the mayhem.

The Whetstone Family said...

You are brave! I'd be so nervous! We've only let Ben and Sam hold sparklers once. looks like fun, though!

just jen said...

you really went all out...what a night!

Woolverton Girl said...

Happpy New Year! Looks like the kids had lots of fun.

I've tagged you on my blog. If you want to play along, the instructions are on my post.