Thursday, December 04, 2008

Oh, Christmas Tree! Part I

I need to hurry and get some posts out! I'm really behind and have no motivation to finish them. SOooo, here ya go!

We go to
Lone Star Pine as mentioned in this post to get our pre-cut Frasier Fur tree. Lone Star grows their own trees which you can cut down yourself, however, for reasons already noted, we choose to stick with non-traditional Texas trees for our Christmas tree! And we always go to get our tree the day after Thanksgiving, rain or shine! This year, it was a bit rainy.

Reese and Gavin helping me decide if this tree is the one!


Yep, I think so. Pay no attention to that crazy sticker price for an out of state transported tree, Christopher! Christopher never cares which tree I pick, just the price!

The Christmas tree shake and trunk trim!

All bagged up and ready to take home! I love how the boy helping us stopped to pose for the camera!

Like I said, rain or shine, and it was rain this year (even though we were lucky enough to never be out in it). With LOTS of mud! Of course, Reese being a 4 year old had to find every spot with mud and walk through it.

My kids with the inevitable cut outs that we had to take pictures!

The white sign on the left that is cut out of the picture almost (should have gotten it alone) warns of fire ant bites and snakes. Yes, shopping for your tree in Texas is a dangerous business!

Here we are on the tractor ride laughing looking at all the Texas fir trees available for the picking and cutting pleasure...of someone. They are out there!

OK, one more time, this time everyone look at the camera! Fun times, fun times!

Say "Christmas Tree!"

After the tractor ride around the farm for some laughs, we had our tree loaded up top of our car and we were on our way home to start decorating.

But not without one more laugh. A little potty humor if you will. Christopher loved the title to this port-a-potty company.

Gotta Go!

2 comments:

Brynn said...

Great tree and great candid pictures of the family, LOVE IT!

The Whetstone Family said...

You guys always look like you're having a great time! Love it! My kids like to pout and frown when I pull out the camera. That potty sign is so funny!