Friday, December 19, 2008

Gavin's KC Christmas Party

It was Gavin's turn to have his classroom Christmas party. After seeing how little I was really able to participate with Reese yesterday having a toddler and infant in tow, I got a babysitter for Caden and Baby R today for Gavin's party. I just couldn't imagine bringing in a preschooler, toddler and an infant and actually be a part of Gavin's party! SO glad I did!

Here is Gavin's entire class. They got lucky today with an early release, allowed to wear jeans and a red or green Christmas shirt for the day (uniforms every other day, jeans are a big deal treat) AND have a Christmas party!

Gavin's class made snowmen out of marshmallow cream and powdered sugar. The concoction proved like playdoh and was quite fun.

Reese was allowed to participate in the snowman making too. Only her snowman didn't have a scarf b.c "it was too hot and was going to melt". How true, after all, it was 77 degrees outside today!

Next up was cupcake decorating. Not sure what Gavin's was supposed to be. Probably something wonky like his facial expression.

Reese said hers was "a rocket ship with lots of missiles on it". Did I mention she has two brothers and NO sisters?

Catered Chick-fil-a for lunch. YUM! (That was MY favorite part of the party!)

Snowball "hot potato" was a big hit with every kid winning a treat. Gavin was nearly the last one out.

After the games were played it was time for a Christmas story from his teacher just before leaving to go home for winter break. I tried to get this picture just a second too late. Gavin had his arm around Reese and was paling around with her ignoring his friends. It was so cute and just melt my heart. They truly are the best of friends.

I love my little G-man and am so glad to have been at his school party. Merry Christmas my son! My first born. It was seven years ago this month that I learned I was pregnant with you! They weren't kidding, time does fly by!

6 comments:

Stefanie said...

I love the faces Gavin makes in these pictures. What a crack up!

Brynn said...

Gavin is hilarious, what a funny little man! 7 years ago, time really doe fly by!

just jen said...

how cute that he wanted to hang out with her instead of his friends...what a good brother!

and chik-fil-a?

please, i am SO jealous!

Gma & Pa Haslam said...

Just wait until he turns 12. Then you will get a little misty eyed.

The Whetstone Family said...

What fun! I'm so jealous of your weather! We got up to see our cars encased in ice yesterday! We don't really get much snow, though, which makes the kids mad. Love Gavin's funny faces! Time sure does fly.

Carrie said...

What a good brother. Must be getting the Christmas spririt. You can tell, just look at his face.