Thursday, December 18, 2008

"Baby" Stocking Explained

Apparently lots of you were expecting to see the picture above with this post. Not so. I am sooo NOT pregnant. Sorry to disappoint, Mom! Didn't mean to stir-up such a ruckus! And we aren't adopting Baby R. We made a small stocking (note: not a "baby" stocking) for Gavin's classroom pet, Buttercup, a Guinea pig. She wants carrots and oranges from Santa!

She made her appearance this evening and the kids have been on cloud nine! This is the closest they will ever get to a pet. Gavin is keeping her over winter break....two whole weeks! I just hope I can hold out that long!

Gavin and Reese are really good with her, but that came as no surprise. They are really gentle with animals and babies...which I am NOT pregnant with. Caden has surprised us. He normally is a rough and tumble kid whose concept of "gentle" is a body slam jump off the top of the couch! I hope it lasts.

Isn't she cute?

Yeah, I'm not so much a fan of the Guinea pigs either...but this is my Christmas gift to Gavin. I will put up with her love her until the new year when she can go back home to his classroom.

Buttercup is living large too, let me tell you. Check out her mansion of a cage! It has 3 stories! That's more than we live in! B.c it's on wheels, we call it her "triple wide" and we can roll her where ever her heart's content.

See there you have it! Chelsea, you can just keep Jarom's Christmas gift at your house...at least it wasn't a stocking for Mr. Cat!!!!!! I have told you all time and time again, I am so done having babies. I'm enjoying raising my babies now! And loving on yours! Good night...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's mean....

Stefanie said...

Oh Buttercup is too cute and look how sweet Gavin is with her. We had some friends who had one of these and when they opened the veggie drawer in the fridge it would scream. We would open it over and over an laugh our heads off.

The Little Buckaroos said...

All I gotta say is, "whew! thanks for the myocardial infarction (heart attack)!" But at least you know how to get people's attention and get them to post comments. What a sneaky trick......

just jen said...

you are really nice to do that for gavin...i would never agree to a have a pet, even for a couple of weeks.

merry christmas gavin!

Brynn said...

ha ha ha that's awesome, i assumed you weren't preggers, thought maybe Mr. Cat was included in the wonderful stockings. I am not a big guinea pig fan, I did have Moby so I can't talk right?? You are a nice Mom!

Carrie said...

I guess I missed an earlier post, but when the first thing I saw was a positive pregnancy test, I was ready to send my congrats...but hey here's a congrats to the guinea pig.

The Whetstone Family said...

Hahaha, too funny. You are a brave one! I don't know if I could have that giant triple wide in our house for 2 weeks! Not to mention the guinea pig! The kids looks like they're having a lot of fun with it, though.