Sunday, December 07, 2008

Breakfast withOUT Santa

Reese's school fundraiser (in which she was the poster child) was this past Saturday morning. Santa was there (you can see him waaaaay in the back left of the picture above) however my kids didn't want anything to do with him. Funny, b.c they never have. They have never sat on Santa's lap or asked to go see him. Not for any particular reason on my part, it's just never been something my kids have cared about. Are we weird? We do go to events where Santa is a main attraction, but just not the main attraction for my kids. We had a good time though. I think I may have even won something from the silent auction! Wouldn't that be cool?!!?

We stuffed our faces with all you can eat pancakes and sausage. This picture is a typical "everyone look at the camera". My family is so photogenic. See why I only tempt fate once a year for a real photo session with my kids?

Gavin also did some coloring at the activity center.

Check out Reese's angel...very cute. (Another say cheese and look at the camera, Reese!!)

Caden was in heaven with the cars.

This last picture Christopher and I thought was pretty funny. I love it how here in Texas you got Gun Shop's as Platinum sponsors to school/church events and advertised all over.
Don't Mess with Texas!!!

5 comments:

Stefanie said...

My two younger kids didn't really like Santa. It always makes me laugh how we tell our kids..."don't talk to strangers, blah,blah,blah" and then we FORCE them to sit on some mans lap in a red suit with big bushy eyebrows and long beard.

Ha love the gun thing. Yea only here in Texas. Of course we could be in 29 Palms where they always had tattoo gift certificates. Honestly, what kindergartener needs a tat!

Brynn said...

You guys do so many fun things, I wish I could find a preschool like that in our area for Noah.

Guns sponsoring schools ha ha love it!

just jen said...

i want to know what you bid on!


what would we do without those guns??

Carrie said...

That's a good attitude, Santa Shmanta! It's all about family and friends, an of course, Christ in my opinion, not some elusive yet ubiquitous fat dude in red. I mean I know the guy means well...

The Whetstone Family said...

My kids haven't gone to see santa in a long time, either. I would like to get a picture of them with a Santa sometime, but I don't think we will get to it this year.