It's that time of year again! All of our days have been jam packed with Christmas festivals, parties, fundraisers, service and fun! This is precisely why I get my Christmas shopping done before Thanksgiving. NO TIME afterwards! Saturday morning after our
Breakfast with(out) Santa at
MDS we got donuts
(b.c stuffing our faces with all you can eat pancakes and sausage wasn't enough) and headed over to
Forney's "
Hometown Christmas".
Last year's event was such a huge hit we decided we'd better check it out again this year.
We took a look at all the vendors and then went straight to where the kids wanted to be. The games and bounce houses. Here is Gavin testing his luck at the
Hula Hoop toss! Score THREE!
With each game played they would win prizes from little toys to candy.
Caden loved his noise making toys more than the candy. No surprise there!
It's no cow paddy, however,
Caden once again has shown he has
an excellent toss. This picture captures the bag on entry.
The kids loved playing ring toss the 2 liter. We didn't win any, but they did get some prizes.
Reese had a monster hit and managed to flip the frog in the bucket
EVERY TIME. She played the game over and over again b.c she was such a natural at this game!
Caden, not so much! He just loved being able to use a hammer to bang on something. And he did it over and over again. We spent some time at the leap frog game.
I asked to get the kids pictures together. I can't believe I managed this one before they got all crazy on me.
Gavin.
Reese. Right before she started screaming that her butt was stuck in the tree.
Caden's new face. Say cheese will get you this face. We get this face a lot. He thinks he's
soooo funny!
Forney touts the "worlds largest inflatable slide" for this event and we considered doing it again this year. The kids opted to just do other
Bounce houses. I think Reese may be traumatized from
last years episode.
Gavin and Reese did try the huge
obstacle course one. Reese did so well being so small and still making it out right behind Gavin.

Caden was so cute in the
Spiderman bounce house.
Cute, up until he started this...
(he does this ALL the time now and I'm trying so hard to get him to stop spraying us!!)
Then it was time to bounce in the Purple Dragon Jumper or "Dinosaur" as
Caden called it.
You enter the "rear" of the dragon and bounce in the belly and then climb out his mouth where you slide to the bottom.
Up the "rear" they go!
Christopher and I would watch them bounce through the windows on the side.
The three of them had the whole belly of the dragon to themselves for a full minute before they were instructed to climb up the belly and slide out the mouth.
Reese.
Followed by Gavin.
And our little Bear.
While waiting in line for
bounce houses, Bear would often get side tracked in the dirt and dead branches. I think he would have rather spent all his time there.
On our way out we stopped and got a picture on some ponies once again. Reese was so cute on this horse. She called it her "my little pony".
Caden was such a stud as well. Gavin could not be convinced to even pose next the ponies. What does he have against these cute little
horsies!?!?
I should have titled this day "gordia" from all the over eating that was done! After the hometown event we went to our friends daughters b-day party and stuffed ourselves once again with pizza, cake, ice cream, mini wienie dogs, chips and soda. Christopher and the kids ended up staying there while I went to a friends Ornament Exchange Party and stuffed myself once again on beef and chicken enchiladas, bean, chips n salsa, a cookie smorgasbord and ice cream. All with soda once again! Needless to say, by the time we came home last night, I was sick. I was gonna run an extra couple miles to work off all that food, but my body ended up purging itself for me! Good day though. And a good week! This time of year is always soooo busy! But I love it, even if I complain about too much going on or being exhausted!
4 comments:
You guys did have a busy day, it is so fun but by the time the month is over you are partied out right? We just had our first party tonight and it continues throughout the month! You do so many fun things with your kids, you guys are great!
aren't the holidays supposed to be about overeating?
or maybe that's just me and my family...
You have 3 kids and you still get it all done before Thanksgiving? You are my hero. I suppose it just isn't Christmas for me if I am not late and stressed.
I hear you on the overeating. Why must these parties be so gluttonous? I would complain if they weren't though. I certainly would pass on the veggie only party.
What fun! I love the dragon bouncy, how funny! My kids would've been all over the potty jokes on that one!
Post a Comment