Monday, October 13, 2008

Sharpies & Old Habits

What's that saying? Old habits never die? Caden was up to his usual antics this weekend. Just a little permanent Sharpie marker art work to recapture what was lost in his last masterpiece.

At this point in the game, I don't care much if I find it on his skin or clothes or even on that little menacing grin of his....

It's the kitchen floors and rugs...

Walls, doors, Reese's pumpkin bag, and entry way carpet... that REALLY bring me to my knees!! Quite literally actually. Still in the process of praying to "find joy" with his daily catastrophes and getting the marker out. The word on the street is WD-40 is gonna be my answer...I'll let you know.

Let's not forget the "I'm going to help myself to an ice cream cone tonight"...

'Lil devil...

His bowling habits don't seem to be disappearing with "distracting" him with other activities...

He might try to blame it on his goose egg on the top of his left eye he got from his blessed skateboard that he takes EVERYWHERE with him...but we know better. You are our C-BEAR!!! Loud and proud!

6 comments:

just jen said...

do you mean you were "on your knees" cleaning, or "on your knees" crying?

because i would be crying...i am so sorry!

i am sure one of my kids will pull this trick eventually. until then, i am off to hide all my sharpies!

The Whetstone Family said...

You poor mommy! What a busy little boy. So sorry that was a permanant marker! You'll have to let us know how the WD40 works! I know it's only a matter of time until we deal with this (Cailin has shown a lot of "artistic" abilities, as well)!

Stefanie said...

Hahaha!! I always get a good laugh, sorry, with these posts!! He is VERY industrious!
We made the mistake about year ago of leaving a sharpie within Hunters grasp and we now have caveman drawings on the inside garage door and the side of the house. I just told myself years from now, future time, when they find this house they will study his drawings and wonder what kind of genius lived here!

Carrie said...

What is going through his head when he switches from wall to floor? It may be annoying, but he's on to something here.

Rebecca Pierce said...

He is BUSY! That's amazing. A little drawing everywhere! Alice is currently cutting confetti out of masking tape. It's an interesting twist because you can't sweep it up.

Kendra Leigh said...

My question is... where's his mommy during all this? J/K!!!!
So, I read somewhere that if you draw over the permanent marker with a dry erase marker, you can then erase it ALL with the eraser. I've never tried it (although I've been tempted to try it on some graffiti in our building), but it sounds good- and if it works, there couldn't really be a simpler solution, could there?
If you try it, lemme know!