Thursday, October 09, 2008

10.04-05.08 San Antonio

Us in front of the Alamo!

This year's San Antonio trip was a quickie but still fun. We managed to get in the San Antonio Temple (however, it was closed), the Riverwalk, a River Boat Tour, Mr. Ice Creams 37 Flavors, and some nasty Mexican food! Yes, you read that right....nasty Mexican. It's a sad story. Totally my fault! Read all about these places in last years San Antonio post (we go every year).

After parking the car at the hotel we hopped on the city bus to take us to the Riverwalk. Reese told me while on the bus, that this particular bus, was her new school bus. She wanted it to come back home with us to take her to school. Silly girl!

This was Caden's first time ever on a bus. He was very quiet and taking it all in.

We made our way to the Riverwalk and quickly got on the River Boat Tour before the line was ginormous! Here's Jarom and Hudson.

Caden tried to take a nap while on the boat. He was sleeping sitting up while drinking his sippy. Talk about multi-tasking!

Then he got lucky and Daddy offered to hold him. He was really good on the boat.

Mr. Ice Cream 37 Flavors never tasted so good!

We had to eat it fast before it melted...which happened anyway no matter how fast you ate it! It was super delicious and such a treat after mistaking our favorite Mexican food restaurant Rio Rio Cantina as Cafe Ole on the Riverwalk! A costly mistake and I'll never forgive myself!

The Alamo!





I added the slide show from last years post b.c I really didn't take any pictures this time around. I'm kicking myself now b.c it is just so majestic downtown and I love it every year we go. Anyway. If you take a look at the first few you can really get a feel for just how magical the Riverwalk actually is!


On our way home the next morning there were literally thousands of birds overhead. I missed getting a picture as they flew over head but have this video that you can just hear them! They were so loud that we had to raise our voices to talk over them! It was crazy! And the video doesn't even come close to the real deal!

Caden chillin' on the way back home!

This just might be the most rewarding sight of the whole trip!! $2.99 a gallon gas!?!? Unbelievable! We were crazy ecstatic when we saw $3.09 a gallon in Austin, but just outside Waco we saw this and I just had to take a picture! Isn't it insane that $2.99 a gallon gas can make a girl so giddy anymore?!?!

It was a great trip and I hope Chelsea took more pictures! I'll need to get some from you girl!

4 comments:

The Whetstone Family said...

What a fun time! Crazy birds! The Alamo always reminds me of Peewee's Big Adventure. I think that's the one. And WOW on that gas!

just jen said...

i want to know what flavor of ice cream you all got...i love me some ice cream, sounds like i need to check this place out.

and amen for the nuby cups...if you look closely you can see one in almost all of my pictures!

Rebecca Pierce said...

We've been studying bats, and Ruby and I both watched that video and we are getting a bat vibe...are we way off?

I've always heard that S.A. is a quality place to live...

Carrie said...

The bird vid is spooky. Very appropriate for you guys since you like to celebrate Halloween as early as September anyway :p,