Sunday, March 22, 2009

Children's Museum - Dallas

Spring Break was this past week and the kids sure ran me into the ground with exhaustion. Monday we hit up the World Aquarium in Dallas. It's always a pain to go anywhere local during spring break b.c of crowd control! Everyone is out! It was no different this time around and as a result, I didn't even bother taking pictures at the Aquarium. I'll have to go again next week with Reese and Caden b.c it really is a neat place.

On Tuesday we went to a favorite of ours, the Museum of Nature and Science in Dallas. It was packed, of course but we still had fun. Outside the building there was a local milk company doing an exhibit. We got free chocolate milk, yogurt and milk shakes! Awesome!

We sat outside on the steps and have a dairy appetizer before venturing inside where we met up with our friends, the Cooks.

Reese and Caden enjoyed a little John Deer tricycle riding in the Little Urban Farm exhibit.


Gavin took pictures of lots of little creatures in the Children's Museum's Backyard exhibit.

Reese got an early start at impersonating the Easter Bunny!

Caden loved the spiders. Here's a tarantula.

Kaleb and Gavin's successful keystone tower...seconds before they destroyed it.

Caden worked hard in making sure the hot air balloon got lots of red hot air for take off.

And it worked! It flew to the top of the ceiling. He was pretty excited about that.

Lots of sand box fun too. Sand is probably the favorite exhibit in just about any place we go that has it! Caden, Reese and Madison.


Oh, but the Water Room exhibit is also right up their with the favorites. Reese and Madison.

Caden found a friend and had a little duck fight. I thought it was hilarious...apparently the girls mother did not.

Gavin and Kaleb spent a lot of time building things with blocks and large tinker toys...only for the thrill of immediately destroying them!

Gavin told me these were his tank wheels. I like this picture b.c I'm not sure what Caden planned on doing with his toy, but I'm afraid Gavin's head might have been part of that plan!

We had a lot of fun at the museum. We always do. Crowds or not. They played most of the time and we didn't explore most of the exhibits, but hey, that's what membership's are for, right? Come back whenever you please! Like, not when it's Spring Break.

More Spring Break coverage to come.

5 comments:

Brynn said...

Oh that sounds like so much fun! Whenever we get the chance to visit you guys we have to go there :)

cherie said...

looks like they loved it! i'm always impressed with all the fun stuff you do with your kids!

Gma & Pa Haslam said...

These pics remind me of the time we went to the childrens museum here in Olympia. Lots of fun and memories.

Carrie said...

You know I'm thinking of taking my cousin's kids out to the Science Center here just so I check it out. Okay, maybe because I am nice too. It looks like a fun for place for kiddos. I guess I wouldn't be so lucky to get a dairy exhibit though.

The Whetstone Family said...

What fun places you guys go to! Looks like a great day!