When we moved to Utah from Texas, we left some very fabulous schools behind (amongst many other loves). Unfortunately, we've had some disappointing experiences here and decided it would be best to either put our kids into one of the many charter schools around Salt Lake County or go private (b.c let's face it, I'm not cut out for homeschooling).
It was a long shot chance getting into a Charter school as they are lottery based with siblings of current students getting first priority. I tried getting Gavin in this year, but we were vying for one spot with over 2 hundred other kids for the charter school in our neighborhood. For the 2010-11 school year I decided to branch my search out to 5 other charter schools in the county for both Reese (Kindergarten) and Gavin (Second).
It was a long shot chance getting into a Charter school as they are lottery based with siblings of current students getting first priority. I tried getting Gavin in this year, but we were vying for one spot with over 2 hundred other kids for the charter school in our neighborhood. For the 2010-11 school year I decided to branch my search out to 5 other charter schools in the county for both Reese (Kindergarten) and Gavin (Second).
Well, Reese was our golden ticket winner! We were not chosen during the main lottery for all 5 schools in March, however, two weeks ago I got a call that Reese's name was pulled for an opening in a Charter school for Full day Kindergarten (which I prefer and love, despite the extra cost each month...Gavin had this, except the extra expense). This school was one of the furthest ones out, but that didn't matter b.c we were thrilled with that we got our foot in the door to a brighter educational future here in Utah.Gavin is now first on the sibling wait list for his grade and I just have to keep praying real hard that come the beginning of the school year, we will get the call that he's in. If not, he'll be in for 3rd the following year. Come Caden's time for K (in 2 years) he will automatically be placed! YAY!
Reese was a little nervous during her orientation. She's our shy girl and takes some time to warm up.
While I stayed in the gym for a meeting on what to expect, Reese got to tour her new school and meet her teacher.
3 comments:
So glad to hear she got in! It's so stressful trying to get the best situation for your kids!
that is so wonderful, i hear those charter schools are amazing!
but are they on the year round schedule still? i HATE year round!
that's fantastic! she looks SO much like your mom, sariah.
Post a Comment