Friday, April 23, 2010

Father Son - Nickel Arcade

A few weeks ago I took the boys on a Father-son date to a great nickle-arcade somewhere in Salt Lake. We found a few coupons online and off we went. This was by far the best nickle arcade I had ever been to. Look at all these old school games, and they ALL WORKED!!!

Does anyone remember 'Burger Time'? I loved this game and remember playing it on some crazy weird gaming console that had a built in keyboard my grandma bought at a garage sale and the game cartridges had handles. I don't remember what it was called, but it wasn't an atari. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Caden loved the pinball machines and ended up playing almost all of them. This one was one of his favorites because it had 'hanky the Christmas poo' AND a toilet in it. Back in the fall, unbeknown to us the kids got on xbox live and found a season of southpark on netflix and started watching it. Before we knew what they were watching they found the hanky Christmas poo episode and thought it was hilarious. It took us months to get Caden to stop saying "Hi I'm hanky the Christmas Poo" in a high pitched voice. This pinball machine threw him out of remission for the evening.

I had to stay with Caden most of the time and Gavin kept coming back for more nickles and handfuls of tickets he was winning at some carnival game. Of all the games we played Caden loved this bowling game. He was actually pretty awesome at it as seen in the video below.

This one had Dinosaurs and is an old favorite because they had it at the Rockwall Chuck-E-Cheese.

We finally caught up with Gavin at the Crane were we were winning mountains of quality cheap stale candy.


This 5 year old tootsie roll only cost 40 cents! What a bargain!!

We went to the prize counter to cash in all the tickets Gavin racked up for us. Those lips Gavin is holding make a sweet noise when you blow through them I recognize from childhood but can't remember what made the noise. I just remember whatever toy it was it was very popular on the bus I used to ride to school.


The boys are very eager to go back. I told Sariah I want to go with just her because this place was so awesome. Forget the kids, they can play the Wii.

P.S - Disclaimer: I, Sariah, never saw how Christopher dressed the boys before they left...

2 comments:

Brynn said...

so much fun! i haven't been to nickelcade in years!

The Whetstone Family said...

What fun! Jason and I had a date at the nicklecade years and years ago. Pre-kids. Love your disclaimer, Sariah! Hahaha. Ben dresses himself soooo weird sometimes, it's embarrassing. Guess I just need to buy clothes that ALL go together!