Monday, April 05, 2010

Blue N Gold Banquet

I can't believe how fast time is happening! Gavin will turn 8 in a few months and begin Cub Scouts! CRAZY! He was invited to the Blue N Gold Banquet to kick off his welcome into Scouting.

It was make your own Taco Salad for dinner! Delicious!


Gavin really had a great time interacting with the other scouts in some games.

At one point in the game they were asked to find a ladies shoe and bring it to the front. I gave mine to Gavin and Caden saw all the excitement he couldn't contain himself. He ripped of his own show and ran up to the front and was high fiving the other boys! It was so funny! Too bad he's gotta wait until 4 years!




And of course CAKE was served. Christopher and I went to an informational meeting for new scouts while Gavin did a pinata! I do have to say I'm pretty impressed with the scouting program here in our community. These Utahan's really have the spirit of scouting and are on top of it all! We are excited to join the ranks come the end of summer!

4 comments:

Brynn said...

wow in scouts already! that is crazy. he will love it.

just jen said...

he is going to be 8?

crazy!

Gma & Pa Haslam said...

That is what I said and was made a den leader for the next 5 years while my boys went thru scouting.

The Whetstone Family said...

I know, it's crazy they'll soon be in scouts! What a great idea to have an activity for soon-to-be's! And taco salad, mmmm!