Here's the skinny on da Lloyds at this moment. Christopher and I have been so overwhelmed this past month especially with some big changes headed our way for our family. I practically have all but forgotten about our family blog!! Sorry. I do keep up with all of you however. I still can't divulge too much information at this time however, suffice to say we are making a big career change. We are both excited, anxious and I'm of course overly impatient. We need a few more things to line up perfectly for us and then our nerves will be a little more settled and we'll make an announcement. So, stay tuned! Oh, and your prayers are always welcome!!
Caden is still Caden, my messy little boy. He sure does wear dirt well, doesn't he?!?
We got tired of looking at Reese's hair in her face and looking ratty in a matter of minutes after having her hair brushed and done, so we did the unthinkable...
Gavin, Gavin, Gavin. We took Gavin to a new dentist to get a second opinion and one that might be less damaging on the pocket book. No such luck. Poor kid. He is such a good sport with all that he has and WILL go through! In fact, he's thinking about becoming a dentist when he gets older! Probably not a bad idea with his teeth!!
In just the 6 week time from our last visit, he teeth were worse. I am grateful we went to see this particular dentist however b.c he's "a practical man." He explained that Gavin has hypoplasia of the teeth AND enamel (basically he doesn't have enamel to protect his teeth, a genetic abnormality) and will need to have all 4 bottom and 4 top molars treated for root canals and then cap all 8 teeth. He will be put under general anesthesia (put to sleep) in the OR at Park Central Surgical Center in North Dallas. Mom is beside herself!! It doesn't stop there though. He also is gonna have his two front teeth pulled. Our previous dentist just liked to see us come in every six months and get these two refilled (as well as others)...we pay her kids way through college every year!! Our new "I'm a practical man" dentist (who I just adore) suggested this new treatment plan that would keep Gavin out of the cavity filling chair for the next 3 to 4 years. Sounds like a bargain to me!! However, I'm a little nervous about our insurance as we are changing careers and therefore jobs and insurance. Without some sort of insurance we could be making a payment that would buy us a small compact car!! WITH insurance will only put us back a few thousand...*sniff, sniff*.
Long term prognosis, his permanent teeth will likely have the same outcome. While having a sugar free diet wouldn't hurt, it wont stop him from having cavities!! Looks like composite resin or porcelain veneers will be in the future! Why didn't Christopher just go to dental school?!!?
Long term prognosis, his permanent teeth will likely have the same outcome. While having a sugar free diet wouldn't hurt, it wont stop him from having cavities!! Looks like composite resin or porcelain veneers will be in the future! Why didn't Christopher just go to dental school?!!?
6 comments:
ohhh...the oral drama!
i think our family alone has put 5 kids through college. and that is no lie!
Oh, I hear ya Jen! What insurance carrier do you have?
Oh, man! Poor Gavin! Good luck with all the upcoming changes!
I am sooo with you there about the hair cut change with Reese. Last summer shelly had such long hair and wanted to cut it, so we did, and I really missed her hair. But it grew back fast becuase I missed doing cute things with it. However, I have to say I love Reese's new look. it is just too darling on her. she reminds me of the little girl on the Rascals (in the 30's). oh, just too precious!
Thanks for update. Poor Gavin. Will has similar problems and he takes excellent care of his teeth. Being a Dentist is probably a good job for him or one that offers 100% dental so he's well taken care of.
Best of luck with all the changes. I'm sure things will turn out fine. I'm excited to hear about the news. Hasn't this been going on for months!? You know how to keep an audience.
wow! poor kiddo! aren't you so glad we live in this day and age, though? where there is so much they can do for these things!
Post a Comment