Monday, June 02, 2008

Memorial '08 Symphony at the Park (PartII)

We listened to a high school band until it was time for the Dallas Symphony to start their concert. Here's what went down while we waited...

Here is the American Flag at Flag Pole Hill at White Rock Lake in Dallas.

Remember this picture in the previous post? Well, you are about to witness the terror of the beast that was unleashed in Reese upon awaking from her sweat fest!

There was lots of this face, lots of times. The whining and crying almost seemed endless for this little bundle of sass!

While my little girl's sass fest did seem endless, eventually we got a half smile... and...

then a full smile with a dose of sass with her daddy! Daddy always calms Reese down and that's just one more reason I love my goose while out with the kids!

Gavin was the model boy...

playing with sticks, dirt, climbing trees, ripping leaves off of the trees, wrestling his brother and so on, you get the picture.

Gavin did find some pecan shells that had split into what Gavin declared was "the Xbox sign". Yes, it's true, my son associates gaming and its console symbols with nature.

Daddy's lap was another favorite for Gavin as well. Daddy's always good for some good lovin with his kids! With Gavin growing more and more into the age where you just don't give out hugs, we relish all we can get from this little man!

Caden did marvelously well! No meltdowns of any kind! It was so wonderful! Just reconfirmed how grateful I am to be moving away from the baby meltdown tantrum phase in life. Now I just get Reese sass, right!?!?

Of course Caden had to have his turn with my sunglasses! I'm lovin' his sass as well!

Caden was fascinated with Gavin's climbing skills! One day, my young padawan, your day will come!

Caden's skills are numerous, but one he takes great pride in is his chair strap walking skills! Look ma, one handed while multi-tasking eating a granola bar! Yes, he is that good ladies and gentlemen!

Caden had to have his turn on Daddy's lap! Caden is still our little love bug and daddy's boy! Always giving out lots of kisses! I love our little C-Bear!

I tried to stay hydrated while waiting! I thought that was my only defense I had to keep cool! That was until Caden decided he had a better way...maybe one that he finds helpful?

That would be the wet your pants way! He took my water bottle and dumped it on my lap in about .984 seconds! Of course, it was in just the right spot that everyone assumed I just wet myself with joy!! It provided Christopher and I with much laughter and entertainment!

FINALLY, the orchestra was set to perform. They performed patriotic overtures and themed songs in honor of our veterans on Memorial Day.

We caught Reese overcome with emotion and hugging on her older brother. Was this too good to be true?

YES!! She quickly went to destroy his face after the hug! She knows what she has to do to survive being the only girl stuck in the middle of two brothers.


OK, I had uploaded video of of the concert, but Christopher made me take it down b.c he says he's going to make a Memorial Day video. But, we all know that could mean a year from now...so, anyway, this video is of the symphony warm up! lol.

Now, before I leave this post, I need to leave you with the most hilarious picture of the day.




Are you ready for it?












Wait for it...











wait for it....











just a little longer...









AAAHHHHHHHH!!!

This is what you call finding a little humor in a situation that could otherwise make you want to do mean horrible things to your child but wouldn't dare!

6 comments:

The Whetstone Family said...

Hahaha--what a great picture! Also, I love Caden's suprised look! So cute. Looks like you guys had a fun (and tiring) day!

Gma & Pa Haslam said...

Caden is so cute. Hurrah for Gavin and climbing trees, the world look different from the air. Reese, this is now way for fun. The fun was teasing your brother.

Michelle said...

holy shaMOLEY!!! i just got caught up on all of your many happenings! i swear, you are the partyingest momma i know. always doing something!! what lucky kids you have! and you look HOT, GIRL! woooowee!

cherie said...

hah! i love that last one! oh, i can feel your pain. love all the fun pictures. man, you guys do a lot of fun stuff!

Brynn said...

Hilarious! I like your final comment I often find myself thinking that way instead of finding the humor. I can't wait until you come out in July. Did you get Chelsea's email?

Carrie said...

ha ha. That last pic is great. I'm sure she'll appreciate it when she's older.