Thursday, February 12, 2009

Reese's Valentine Party

Today was Reese's big day at school. She couldn't wait for her Valentine party at school. From the looks of her treat bag above, I'd say she sure was shown a lot of love!

Lots of yummy treats. Cupcakes made by Reesie herself, cookies, fruit, cheese and drink! This was before the candy!

Finger lickin' good!

Caden was pretty shy this time around. He didn't feel like participating in the Valentine party and just stuck to playing with the classroom toys. He didn't eat anything, not one thing. He must be coming down with something...that is WAY out of the norm for this child.


Reese did a little fishing while she waited for everyone to finish eating.

Then it was time to open all the treats left in our baggie from our friends. Reese really enjoyed this part.

Reese insisted on a picture from one of her favorite Valentines, Mrs. Lewis!

And of course we got a picture with her BFF Madison just before it was time to head home. So cute!

Here is Reese's heart she made just for Valentines. Love her choice of hot pink! Very sassy.

Earlier this week while she was addressing her class Valentines I thought it was cute how she "spelled" her name. She doesn't use the American Alphabet. No, she has her own. She writes her name like this on anything. And it's always the same. I find it so fascinating.

She recognizes all the alphabet letters and can name them and their sounds, yet, this is how she spells her name. With characters only Reese identifies with. Silly girl. I wonder what will happen next year when her teacher will expect her to use the American Alphabet?

6 comments:

Brynn said...

Seriously how cute is Reese??? Love the way she spells her name, makes her unique and who needs the American Alphabet, it is way overrated!

just jen said...

the name spelling is sassy!

Stefanie said...

Fun party! I would love Mrs. Lewis too. she has a WAY cool class. I think the name Reese has something to do with being sassy. That's Taylor's middle name and she can be SOOO sassy.
Love her spelling, or maybe it's just the windding font. I noticed that the biggest "letter" is the the middle one and she is the middle child...


When we would ask Hunter how to spell his name he would say "Hun 10 ter". Kids are funny!

The Whetstone Family said...

What a fun party! Sam also came home with a ton o' treats, and I shudder to think what Ben will be bringing home today! I love her name writing! She's a doll.

Rebecca Pierce said...

I love the really random things that kids do. That is an awesome name spelling, the consistency is amazing! Don't worry, Ruby is six and she won't use lower case except for the letter "i". The dot is too fun, I guess.

Carrie said...

It looks like her alphabet is normal given the consistency. Probably just a hand coordination problem (she perceives it fine) that will work itself out.