This week we had a few days of really warm weather. During the summer, the kids aren't allowed to play with the water unless it is more than 90 degrees outside
(which is 99% of the time) however, we were
itchin' for a little summer
lovin'
(especially mom on her pasty white skin!) this week while in the 80's so I consented on Wednesday and Thursday. But we certainly aren't setting up
the super clearance water slide until after school is out!
There were even popsicles involved! Yum,
popsicles! We never make it to the ice cream truck fast enough when he comes down our street b.c we are at the end of the circle and he whips around fast. We almost got his a couple weeks ago but we can't take any chances. Therefore, our freezer is forever stocked with ice cold deliciousness.
We have been busy with our outside gardening. We planted lots of vegetables and we even got 2 apple trees in the ground! Christopher has been doing a great job landscaping our yard again for the summer. I'll make another post on this later. I'm really behind on my posting thanks to the flu bug that paid our family a visit this past week! FLU SHOT = FRAUD!! Oh, and the fact that both our heater AND central A/C unit had to be replaced this week! Talk about rotten luck! Wonder when the financial tornado will leave our house!?!?
I was trying to get a picture of Christopher, Reese and Gavin but at the last second Gavin started having a fit about getting his picture taken just as I took the picture. Went to take another, and my camera battery died! Such luck! So this is the only picture I have of the entire night!Christopher's cousin is getting married this weekend and last night was the reception
(before the actual wedding!). Reese and Gavin remembered their
Uncle Tyler and Aunt Amanda's wedding reception and all the fun dancing and got really excited to go. Reese got all dressed up and said "daddy, are you ready to go to the ball?" As she was the "princess of the ball" despite what everyone else was telling her...that the BRIDE was the princess of the ball. Reese was not having that.
She was the princess of the ball.
I stayed home with Caden (sick/flu) so we missed it. Heard it was a good time and lots of family there. So congrats to Morgan and Melissa! Sorry we missed out in your celebration and I'm really sorry my camera died. I really wanted pictures! Maybe Uncle Paul and Aunt Terri can email us some pics?
Finally, Gavin experience's a childhood favorite of mine for the first time. POP ROCKS! This video unfortunately was right after the truly first time when his reaction was classic. This video however is Gavin's explanation of such!
5 comments:
So jealous of your weather! Sam was throwing a fit just yesterday because he decided it was summer and we needed to get the pool out and swim! That's great you guys are doing a garden, I really want to try that someday. I'm just not sure how I would keep all the bunnies out, let alone keep the plants alive! Sorry you got sick! Silly flu shot!
Snap, Crackle, Pop, fizzle in the mouth. What fun the candy is. Nice garden you have started. I have some rhubarb from grandma's house that I need to mail you.
that popsicle looks divine!
I hate being sick, we've been sick too. I'm jealous of the nice weather, I could go for a reason to buy popsicles and a nice day to get my pasty skin in the sun. It snowed here last week...like 1.5 inches even!
We missed you at the reception and luncheon! There was A LOT of family there and it just wasn't the same without you! Reese looked beautiful and like she was enjoying the "ball" with her daddy!
Post a Comment