My dear husband says I must wait until the day after Thanksgiving which is all fine and dandy, BUT, Friday, yes Friday I get to go shopping for my REAL Christmas Tree! Every year I look forward to getting our tree and I feel jipped with last years experience (tried a fake tree), so this year is gonna be GREAT!!
So, why was my week so totally awesome (&exhausting)? The kids have been home all week on Thanksgiving Break!! Need I say more? Yes, the mayhem has been in full force. I'm too exhausted to even blog about it!! However, while I was talking with a friend tonight Christopher overheard us talking about being so exhausted and mentioned I haven't even had a blog post in almost a week AND there have only been 11 posts this month! Something is seriously wrong, right!? So, I'm determined to tell you about my totally awesome experience of today...only, b.c I don't have the brain power to talk about the week.
Today I did laundry. No biggie right? Well, it hadn't been done in over a week and that is asking for serious trouble in his house! But in my defense, remember Reese's fire drill of last week? I had to get my washing machine replaced. My darling husband rushed to my aid and kindly bought me a new one. Today I initiated it! All 14 loads! This is not the story however.
This is:
I started to panic while folding the clothes realizing that something had gone through the wash AND the dryer. It wasn't crayon unfortunately (we know how to fix that!). What was it? Then along came rolling THIS:
Where, oh where, did this come from!?!? We don't have pink kisses in our house! I HAD to figure this out to determine where it came from to know if there would be more hiding in other clothing. Backtrack time.
Yesterday we went to see BOLT with our fabulous BFF's the Cooks. (I know SURPRISE we didn't do another Chuck E Cheese date!)
Yesterday we went to see BOLT with our fabulous BFF's the Cooks. (I know SURPRISE we didn't do another Chuck E Cheese date!)
Was it when we went to the Dallas Children's Museum with our BFF's the day before?
Then it hit me! DUH! Didn't Reese come back from a birthday party for her dear friend Chloe (from dance class) all crazy hyper with lots of PINK prizes?!?!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

6 comments:
Ahh the laundry...my nemises! I haven't had to deal with chocolate as of yet, but we frequently have the dreaded chapstick go thru. Heaven help us if it effects Ambers cloths. I'm gonna have to try your Totally Awesome next time we have a run in with a chapstick. Dave thinks like Christopher. We aren't allowed to watch,listen, anything Christmas till after Thanksgiving. If it were up to me, I would be playing Christmas music before Halloween. I LOVE Christmas music. And we too did a fake tree one year. NEVER again! We are going to cut one down again this year. I just hope we can find a farm with a Douglas Fir.
Must be a husband gene, Sean won't allow me to put Christmas up until after Thanksgiving either! I do get to listen and watch movies when he is not home, he he he, I am training the kids to love it all year long! As for a new washer, YEA! and YEA you got the chocolate out I need to get me some of that cleaner! Happy Thanksgiving to your fam!
i think i need some of that stuff...our last laundry drama was a kleenex that got into our dark wash...my black sweater will NEVER be the same.
oh, how i love my kids.
Sounds like a laundry nightmare. I told my husband the only thing I want for Christmas is a maid. Do you think I'll get it? I better write Santa!
Ahhhh! I hate laundry drama! Glad it came out. What a busy week you've had! We put up all our Christmas stuff on Friday, too, and I'm loving it! Makes the house so cozy feeling.
Nice investigative reporting. I was hoping for more of twist though, are you sure it was Reese and not some random kid 1000 miles away trying to send you a message? Also did you consider that it may well be someone from Totally Awesome throwing things in your laundry.
Post a Comment