Sunday, November 02, 2008

Halloween 2008

Halloween this year brought us Reese as "The Little Mermaid: Ariel", Caden as Jedi Obi Won and Gavin as Darth Vader. But not any Darth Vader, the one from Spaceballs the movie. Gavin has never seen the movie but Christopher and I found it hilarious...along with others our age. He just needed the glasses, but he was funny without 'em. It was good to be different too seeing as there were about 1400 Darth Vaders this year but only ONE Spaceballs Darth! Oh, yeah!

"The Force is strong with this one!"

This is the same costume my mom made back when Gavin was 2. He used both 2nd and 3rd year trick or treating.

Reese was going to be Tinkerbell (the original green one), then she was going to be Rosetta Tinkerbell (from the new movie -which is soooo cute btw!!) and Halloween day she decided she wanted to use her dance recital costume and be Ariel. Whatever, she got good use out of all her costumes this year with the various parties.


"Impressive...most impressive."

We hit up two trunk or treats and the neighborhood this year. The first was part of the Methodist church of Reese's MDS. There were carnival games in the parking lot with the trunk or treat surrounding it.


There was a little train that Caden was thrilled to ride.

Reese enjoyed riding this pony and Caden enjoyed using the pony as sledge hammer.

Gavin was awesome at the throw the dart at the balloon game. We filled up our buckets and decided to leave once they were full.

I saw this sign for gas on our way back up to Forney for our church trunk or treat. I about cried!

And then rolled into our town and found we had the same price!!! It is so awesome to be spending 40 dollars less in gas each time I fill up at the tank nowadays! This was Sariah's treat on Halloween!

Our ward did a couple games inside the church gym for the first half hour and then we went outside and did our trunk or treat for the second time of the night.

The kids had emptied out their buckets at home with the first round or candy loot and filled their buckets TWICE at the 2nd trunk or treat. Can you say candy induced coma's for the next month!?!?

Caden didn't need any help knowing what to do to get candy! And he never let his bucket leave his arm...no matter the toil in carrying such a heavy candy laden bucket!

Trick or treating with friends is always the best! We even brought them home with us to hit up the neighborhood when the candy ran out at the trunk or treat.

Gavin and his cute little friend Hannah! I just think Hannah is so cute and such a cute personality!

Christopher was busy helping the youth with the games inside but had some time to help Caden. Christopher was "a guitar hero".

We returned home around 9 pm ish and had pizza and watched a little Harry Potter until the kids zonked out on the floor. Perfect ending to a perfect Halloween night!

It was a super nice night. It was in the mid 80's during the day and the evening cooled off for a perfect trick or treating night. Gavin was the only one that got a little hot but as he put it "I was uncomfortable and didn't wear my gloves but I was NOT going to take off my costume b.c I HAD to get candy."

To this date, all candy has been confiscated!

10 comments:

Brynn said...

Your kids are the cutest and LOVE Christophers Guitar Hero, that is awesome! Looks like you guys got loaded, maybe you can do what we are doing with our candy, a pinata at Thanksgiving??? I figure a good way to distribute the candy to others!

Carrie said...

They all look cute, but I LOVE Gavin's Spaceballs Darth Vader, he represents it well. "Comb the desert," ha ha. Good movie, I just watched Airplane again after about a 10 year hiatus.

80 degrees and a gas price that actually starts with a 1? What am I doing here.

Carrie said...

Did I miss a post where you explain you dyed Reese's hair, or was that just for Halloween?

just jen said...

you guys all looked great!

but wait! what were you?

Stefanie said...

LOVED Spaceballs!! I didn't even connect that....DAH!!!
How funny we have the Wal*Mart gas sign shot. I just can't believe gas is under $2. It's just so wonderful!
What a fun night!

Gma & Pa Haslam said...

Gavin is so cute. He HAD to have candy only to have mom confiscate it. What, you don't want a repeat of the year I said eat as much as you want????

Christopher looks like the pilot of the airplane in "Beyond Thunderdome"

Enjoy reading the post and keeping up with the family.

cherie said...

so cute! love reese's hair! and i'm so with you on the lower gas prices. hallelujah!

Unknown said...

Those are some awesome costumes! And I also LOVE the dropping gas prices! Wahoo!

Rebecca Pierce said...

What cute little trick-or-treaters. I love it when they reuse those extremely expensive recital costumes. I cannot believe that you have gas for that price. I was baffled last week to get it for $254...and that was with a 10 cent per gallon off for a grocery reward from Safeway. Wow. I have been holed up with sick kiddos, I wonder what our prices are.

The Whetstone Family said...

Cute cute cute! What a fun, busy night! Love the spaceballs costume, it's been a long time since I saw that movie! I think our gas prices will soon be under $2, we've watched it fall several cents this week.