Sunday, May 18, 2008

Wild Ride 2008

This year, I got together with my family and we formed a cycling team. We've designed a team logo and even a jersey which is being made and should be ready by next week! The team is TEAM LLOYD and it consists of My Uncles Monty and Paul, My dad Scott, My cousins Andrew and Anson, and me and my brother Tyler. We have 3 races planned out for this year and our first race of the season was a 40 miler that took us through Richardson, Wiley, and across the Lake Lavon Dam access road which is closed every other day of the year. We had a lot of fun and the weather was perfect for riding. It was a good gauge for all of us to see what we need to do to be ready for our next and biggest race, the Hotter 'N Hell 100, a full 100 mile century in the middle of August Texas heat! We WILL be ready for it!

Rock on TEAM LLOYD!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude,

Loved the video. You are awsome! I noticed you were up till 1 in the morning producing that little number. For me at least, your creativity and enthusiasm has kept me wanting to be a part of the team. I think I speak for everyone that we really appreciate it. By the way, I should send you a picture of the gigantic freaking bruise on the right side of my butt cheek. It is about 4 to 5 inches long and 3 inches wide totally black and dark purple with the characteristic shape of the side of my bike seat. (Wonder how that happened?) Still enjoyed the event a lot and looking forward to the next. I'm thinking maybe the 100K for me. I'm not sure I could do a full 100 mile. Send me a recepie for what I need to do to get and shape and prepare.

Love ya,

Anonymous said...

Awesome video!! You did a great job! It was a lot of fun!!

Anonymous said...

I agree!! Awesome job! I had a blast with you guys. I don't know if I'll be
down to Dallas for another one before seeing you guys in hell...That's short
for hotter 'n hell...I'm not that rude, sheesh! Can't wait to don the team
jersey!

Gma & Pa Haslam said...

Looks like you had a blast. Good to see you have a family team that truly ROCKs.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Team Lloyd is rocking the cycling world! That's great you guys can handle the heat while racing down there because I would pass out in the first 30 minutes. Having grown up in the PNW my heat tolerance is fairly low. Ya'all look great. Good luck!