Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Temple of Doom...

er, ah...I mean Temple of the Crystal Skull. Gavin has finished collecting Mars Mission and Aqua Raiders Lego sets and even took a short hiatus (enforced hiatus mind you). He decided that he wanted to make his next collection the Indiana Jones Lego sets. Both the classic and the new Crystal Skull collections. He hasn't watched all the movies, but he sure likes playing the Indiana Jones games HERE and watching the Lego animated mini movie HERE. He also enjoys the Indy comics in his latest Lego Club Magazine for June b.c it's all taking place with his new kit!

This past weekend we got to spend some time with Christopher's parent's while they were up here for Christopher's race. Granna took us out and spoiled us rotten shopping! She helped kick start Gavin's collection with the Temple of the Crystal Skull set. He and I (mostly him, I just sat next to him and watched him do his thing) did a little bonding this Sunday afternoon and put it together in no time. Here are a few pictures:











Gavin likes this series b.c it has lots of booby traps built into the kits. He's already had a lot of fun playing with it! I really enjoy sitting with him while he's doing it and sharing in his excitement. He's got me handing him jobs right and left trying to earn money so we can run out and buy them all!!

Here's two videos that show a little of the booby traps in action:

Indiana Jones is a goner in this one!!


Funny: While I was taking pictures of the completed Lego project Gavin asks why I'm taking pictures. I don't know why they ask this when I've always got a camera in hand and never really a reason...anyway. I tell him I'm gonna make a blog post for Granna to see what's he's done. And then this is what he told me to write with the pictures, and I quote:

"Tell them this mom: 'People, this kid is 5, not 8.'"

Gavin is a riot! I think he's amazed at his own abilities seeing that this particular Lego kit was intended for the ages of 8-14. I love his little mind!

THANK YOU, GRANNA!!

4 comments:

just jen said...

connor is obsessed with the indiana jones stuff on lego.com too. so far he only plays with the duplo sets, but i told him now that he is turning 5 that he can get regular legos for his birthday(next month). we will probably start with the crystal skull because it looks awesome! thanks for sharing!

Brynn said...

Wow I want one of those, I love the lego Indy! Looks as cute as the real one :0)

The Whetstone Family said...

Way to go Gavin! Ben is so not into that--he has no patience. I end up building everything which is destroyed so quickly I never want to build it again!

Anonymous said...

HOLY COW, those are some AMAZING lego creations!!! Gavin, you are a fantastic architect! You are the champion lego builder. And I can't believe you are only 5 when supposedly only 8-14 year olds are supposed to be able to build the Temple of Doom. Ppsshh, you are super smart, G-Man!