Friday, December 21, 2007

'Mom' My Ride

So we've been researching and pondering what our next car should be (larger SUV). We are in the market for a new vehicle within the next couple of months. Having our current 'mom' car in the shop from our accident we are forced to drive a vehicle that we never before considered our family ever stepping into....(rental, mind you)
a MINIVAN!!


Yes, that's right. The kids love it! I have found that having so much space between myself and kids...quite refreshing. I can't hear a word they say until they are yelling at me...and then it's still as if they were speaking to me from behind! Christopher and I can actually have an adult conversation in the front, and the kids have no clue! I could get used to that. Other aspects I will need more convincing. I'm finding the SUV and minivan quite similar, features wise. However, we have ventured into a new market of research. Is there a minivan in our future?

Christopher shared this video with me a while ago. I found it hilarious, although I hope that this video isn't a foreshadow of what's to come!!!


4 comments:

The Whetstone Family said...

Hahaha--that's so funny. We've been planning on getting a minivan this summer. Totally momed out. I'm actually looking forward to it! Our jeep is soooo cramped. So far, I like the Honda Odyssey.

Sariah said...

Stacy, that would be my first pick as well, followed by the Toyota Sienna...if we decide on a minivan. Although, this Kia Sedona has surprised us.

The Little Buckaroos said...

oh no!! you are going to the minivan side!!! who would of thought! I remember your mom's "mexican bean machine"! I watched that video and it hurt too much to see them trash that vehicle, especially with the toy car scrape on the side and the milk gone bad, I wanted to hurl just looking at that!
Good luck on your search!

Carrie said...

There is something to be said about a car that is able to filter out kid noise. I'm not a Mom, but having done plenty of kid taxiing, I can value that feature when the kids are grumpy.