Backside.
Front. Using "The Market Skirt" tutorial as a base/guide. I obviously did some things to it to make it my own.
I then added an elastic waist band and some red, white and blue tulle to the bottom hem.

And viola! Finished product. I was quite pleased with myself as this was my first skirt I have ever made and I have a really cheap, crappy sewing machine that makes every stitch twice as long!


This is Reese's 4th of July party skirt that she'll wear while we're up in Washington partying. I have a solid cream colored shirt that I will be adding some patriotic applique to AND a cute headband to match! Watch out! I've got the craft bug.
That same night I found some old patriotic-ish fabric from years ago and decided to whip up a more traditional Market Skirt that is longer and without pockets. This is Reese's Memorial Day/Weekend skirt.
Reese really wanted a skirt that she could wear
now vs. the next holiday, so I also whipped out this skirt...the same night. I was up LAAAATE just so she could wear it to school the next day. The pockets proved to be a big challenge for me. I just couldn't get my machine to cooperate for me and if I had had a Serger, well, life and this skirt would have been a lot easier.
5 comments:
ummmm LOVE them all. Think I might have to try to make one for Ellie. You are so talented!
WOW!!! I love them! So adorable! You could seriously sell them on Etsy! I need to get the craft bug, it's been a long time since I made anything.
CUUUUUUUTE! you are so talented!
I am impressed Sariah. Great job!
where's my skirt?
wait...the pattern probably won't fit over my booty!
Post a Comment