Monday, May 10, 2010

Close Encounter of the Duckie Kind

Reese and Caden are home with me this morning. They opened the door to see if they wanted to go outside and play. And what do you know, they found a duck sitting on our porch. They quickly came back inside and got some bread and water to feed the duck. Just before they went back outside, Reese asked if I spoke "duck", I did my best donald duck impression and now I speak duck in her eyes. I didn't think the duck would eat two whole pieces of bread and certainly not drink from a bowl...but it did!


A short video of the duck eating what's left on the porch and drinking from water bowl. It did a little quacking and the kids were convinced it was calling for its friends. Just after the video was shot, we left the front door open and the duck started to walk inside our house. Caden starting running upstairs wanting to get the bathtub ready for him to swim. I shooed the duck out however, as I just don't do duck in my house.

3 comments:

Gma & Pa Haslam said...

What no duck in the oven?!? Mighty tasty.

Brynn said...

that is so cute and I can't believe he drank the water :)

The Whetstone Family said...

Hahaha, so cute. Love it how Caden wanted to prepare the tub!