Monday, June 15, 2009

Caden's Swamp Eyes

While at the pool last week Caden got hit in the eye by a pool toy. I didn't think much of it until he woke up a few days later with THIS:

NASTY!!! Caden woke up screaming that he couldn't open his eyes as the goop had sealed them shut. We quickly learned he had a bacterial infection that started from up under his left eyelid and was spreading. We went down to the Barn and Christopher's dad called in some heavy duty medicated eye drops. Poor kid.

He does NOT like having his medication as it stings and burns upon application. I have to pin him down with my knees and elbows and lift his eyelids with my thumbs and quickly apply. Many times he cries out the drops or wipes them away, but there was improvement. In fact, today, his eyes are looking almost perfect! Why is it always something with this child lately? It's been a LONG weekend. Did I mention Christopher's been outta town for the past week and wont be home until this next weekend? Between that, the A/C situation and Caden's eyes...I need a vacation!

6 comments:

just jen said...

the same thing happens to my sisters little by all the time...poor little guy. one thing after another with him.

maybe that means he'll be perfectly fine for the rest of his life because he's getting it all done now, right?

The Whetstone Family said...

Ahhhh! Poor little guy. That dosn't look fun. And you DO need a vacation!

Brynn said...

Oh poor little guy and POOR MOMMA! It is always hard to be alone with the kids, when it rains it pours right? The Sun will come out tomorrow (sorry couldn't help it!) Love ya!

Stefanie said...

AH yes, we have had this several times! I even got it and let my just tell you how BAD it hurts! I thought I was going to rip my eyes out of their sockets with wooden toothpicks.
I feel for you Cadan and you too Sariah. It's been a heck of a week for you. Call if your home and come do the pool.

Carrie said...

Ohh, this looks familiar. I picked it up from my nieces and nephews a few years back. Poor kiddo, I know it's miserable. Definitely think you need a little vacation sans kids when Christopher gets back

Rebecca Pierce said...

Yikes, I just showed this picture to everyone in the room (four others) it really gets the gag response!