Saturday, November 07, 2009

Halloween 09 - Tyler

We did Halloween trick or treating down in Tyler with Granna and the cousins this year. We thought it would be a good time seeing as it was our last here in Texas. Reese was Snow White, Bear a Dinosaur and Gavin GI Joe.

While at the church trunk or treat Christopher noticed his favorite shoes that he's had for the last 8 years had finally seen their last days.


I can't remember if what Granna was supposed to be. A vampire, a Red Riding Hood? Reese called her "the witch" from Snow White. Whatever, Reese loved it!

The cake walk was a huge success for the kids.

Gavin was the first winner of the night AND the first winner of our entire family. Every one of the kids won a cake along with a cousin within the first 5 minutes. I kid you not and there were 30 "walkers" each time! I almost loaded each of the up in the car and drove to Vegas with those odds!




Of course there was a chili cook-off! Most of it was really good! I'll miss the Texas Chili and Frito pies!


Christopher's shoe situation took a turn for the worse. BOTH shoes had given up the ghost.





Bear was so cute while when he was saying "trick or treat". I just had to get it on camera before it isn't cute anymore. My baby is getting so not a baby anymore.

I voted this guy for the scariest trunk at the trunk or treat. "Snake man!"

After the trunk or treat we went to visit with Mom at her nursing home and went trick or treating around there.

Christopher with his Mommy outside the "cemetery" at Mom's nursing home. LOL The kids had a great time and stayed the night at the Barn. The next day, Christopher and I went to Utah to find a house, and Granna stayed with the kids.

7 comments:

Brynn said...

such cute kids and poor Christopher and his shoes!

Alyssia said...

They all look so cute... I love Cadens trick or treat too!

just jen said...

the shoe situation was so funny...

i was snow white for halloween too!

BELEN Y BRADLEY said...

muy lindas fotos!! lo pasaron super bien en halloween parece :)

The Whetstone Family said...

So cute! I love the close-up pic of Caden's face, how adorable!

The Little Buckaroos said...

thinking that you totally got ur money's worth out of those shoes!

Carrie said...

Cute costumes. Christopher should have been Shoeless Joe