Monday, December 20, 2010

A Christmas Miracle

Gavin came home from school just before Christmas with the above craft. I was stunned to find that in his classroom they talked about CHRISTmas, baby Jesus, Mary and Joesph. Where do we live again? Oh, yeah. Utah. Zion. Apparently they are allowed to talk religion in the classroom. What a breath of fresh air. This would NEVER fly in our Texas school and dare I say ANYWHERE else in the nation.

4 comments:

Brynn said...

very cool!noah too talked about it at school. I think it is great.

The Whetstone Family said...

I was suprised when Sam mentioned talking about Christmases around the world at school here. He had been talking about Hanukkah for quite a while, and I thought that was all they'd cover. He even came home one day saying, "Guess what? My teacher knows about Mary and Joseph, too!" So, they do mention Christmas here as well!

just jen said...

wow...

speaking of christmas, and wii games (??)....

we have beaten harry potter (the levels) but we are still working on the rest, you know, the red bricks and all the characters. we saved our money and the first red brick we bought was score x8, so now everything is really easy because once we unlock it we can buy it. that is our new strategy....just buy the highest score thingie and then have fun!

Stefanie said...

This year the kids in choir got to sing CHRISTmas songs!! It was SO nice!!!