Monday, June 11, 2007

"Privacy Please"

Look whose undies have stayed dry and clean for the past 10 days!?!? This is exciting news in our house and we are very proud of her! Yes, she is on her way to finally being potty trained/learned! We even were out of town this weekend on a mini vacation/triathlon trip (post coming) and not a single accident!! Reese has been ready since late last summer, but I was so big and miserable being pregnant I didn't stick with it with her! Pure laziness (and a secret desire to have my mom start the process when we visit her in a couple weeks) has kept me from starting it up with her again. The other week, right before the chili cook off, I just put some her much coveted Dora panties on....that was it! One or two accidents later, and the girl hasn't looked back! She's the rockstar in our house this month and I couldn't be more happier to stop having to have 2 in diapers!!
As she does her little business she makes sure everyone gets out of the bathroom (I can help if she wants) and says, "Gavin, get out, I need my privacy please!" It's the cutest coming from her little mouth! Reese has been a little easier than Gavin to train, however, I don't know if that was b.c Reese started later than Gavin did or what. She will have an accident at night if we give her ANYTHING to drink from 5pm on. But she has been dry most nights. So, we need to help her with that. But, it has been different modes of training between the two. Gavin needed lots of praise and such and Reese tells me to stop talking! Yep, she's my sassy, sweet little girl! YEAH!!! I'm so excited for her!

3 comments:

Brynn said...

Way to go Reese!!! Now when you come to Utah you can teach Noah how to use the potty :0)

Carrie said...

Congrats to Reese! She's big girl now.

I see she is reading a magazine at the bottom. Have you taught her to do that when she is on the potty too? :p You are truly a super Mom.

BTW, I left you a message on my blog, top entry. I know kind of weird to just communicate via comments, but it's about time we broke some rules again!

Anonymous said...

That is exciting as I was not looking forward to potty training her. Now we can do other things.