Sunday, June 17, 2007

Oklahoma City National Memorial

On April 19, 1995, a truck filled with explosives planted by a domestic terrorist exploded outside the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, tearing upward through the 10-story building and destroying one of its structural columns. The building was sliced in half: its front section collapsed layer on layer, and shattered glass covered entire sections of the city, leaving 168 dead, more than 700 injured, and over 12 city blocks worth of buildings damaged. In a moment, American history was changed forever.

While in Oklahoma City this past weekend we took the opportunity to visit the Oklahoma City National Memorial. It was probably the most emotional Memorial we have been a part of. The memorial’s deep symbolism compels you to … Reflect. Respect. Remember.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a grea video, Christopher! I got a little misty-eyed. What a sad, sad thing to happen to innocent people (and children!). You such a great job with your videos....keep them coming!

Sariah said...

Julia, you rock! Thanks for posting. Next time you are down here, we will take you to OK to check out this Memorial and their Museum. I already want to go back again it was so memorable. Have you checked out our pictures on "Flickr" on our left sidebar? We took mostly video there, but there are a few good ones.

Anonymous said...

This video is very moving to watch so that we may never forget those who died there. Also a tribute to the many unsong heroes that are always present with these types of disasters, lets not forget them!

Anonymous said...

I return to this video every once in a while...I love it! I must reiterate what I said earlier. Christopher, you make great videos! This one in particular is moving. Don't hesitate sharing more... :-)