"Gavin, I say, what were some of your favorite things you remember about camping?"
- "Oh, I liked to jump on our air bed with Sam and Kaleb...it was like a bouncy house."
- "Putting marshmallows on a stick and burning them!" (S'mores)
- "Feeding the dog my crumbled up donuts."
- "Sleeping in the tent with daddy on our high bed."
- "The lake, catching butterflies, sleeping, peeing outside...just the whole thing...will you stop asking me that stuff now?!?"
While the boys were away, Reese and I (ok, Caden was there too) had a little Mommy and Me date night. We went out with our friends Marni, Madison and Blakeley to play in the sandbox at Sonic and then to Cold Stone Creamery for some ice cream. I got the Sans Fat Sweet Cream mixed with raspberries and Reese had pink bubble gum flavored ice cream with sprinkles on top. We then went home and stayed up to watch Monsters Inc. (her pick) on the projector wall TV and made popcorn and had popsicles! We were feelin' the love all night (ok, so my scale isn't feelin' it!) as we made our tent bed on my bed and slept all night. Wish I would have had the camera that night with us as Reese was just as cute as can be makin' memories with her Mommy. Caden also did a first, he stood all by himself for a few seconds for the first time. Too bad I didn't have the camera and so sad that DVR is not functioning at the moment.
Christopher will hate that his picture is on this post. But, that's what happens when he doesn't take any pictures until the last moment and allows a 4 year old to take the shots. Mmmmmwahahaha! Love ya, hottie even in your doofus picture!
3 comments:
It sounds like you all had a great time! I love that Gavin is getting old enough to do all these things now and will be able to remember them all! I bet he loved playing with all the bugs while out camping!
I have 'dork' picture of Will as well. You'll have many uses for it. The last time I used it, I snuck it on as his wallpaper on his work computer.
Sound like lots of fun. To bad we don't live closer and Pa could have gone with them. Caden, are you learning to walk without your Gma's help. I am so excited to hear his progress.
Post a Comment