Monday, February 26, 2007

A little confession...

I'll let y'all in on a little secret of mine...I LOVE The AVATAR:The last airbender. No, I'm not talking about those cute little icons we put up in our chat boards and bloggers. No, this is a child's cartoon that is on the Nickelodeon Network. We watch them as a set or "volume" once they are out on DVD, and I anxiously await their newest release (April 07). lol I love the Avatar because I watch it with my children and I don't have to cringe b.c of some bad language (like stupid, dumb, moron, you know, the stuff that surprisingly you find today in cartoons for kids), children bullying others, and a bunch of fighting and storyline with no morals. I'm from a generation of cartoons (He-Man, Care Bears, etc.) that always ended with a moral or lesson learned and little if no violence. These are some of the same reason I like to follow the AVATAR seasons. They also tell a story.

Anyway. I'm always a little embarrassed to let people know my mini obsession with Aang, Sokka, Katara, Uncle, and Zuko is unveiled. It's out now! Care to share a little confession?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I confess, I love the Backyardigans! I love their little music and dance sequence! Shelly and Shane just love them and I am right along with them becuase of the music and the fact that they let their imaginations take them anywhere in the backyard.
I am such a sap, huh?

Michelle said...

that's great to know! my confessions have to do more with who i CAN'T STAND...the doodlebops, caillou, and sponge bob. ychhh. i've got parker trained to tell me when they come on, "mom, this is a WIERD show. let's change it!" ha!

Anonymous said...

Little House on the Prarrie is not a cartoon but I enjoy this.

Sariah said...

Michelle...I suppose my next confesstion is that I LOVE Spongebob!! lol. However, I am sooooo with you on the doodlebops and caillou. I want to rip my hair out whenever I hear that little boy talk!!