Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hudson's Dragon Training Day

My nephew Hudson had his 4th birthday party this past weekend. His mom, Chelsea, did a fabulous job with his "How to Train Your Dragon" party. They started out making shields. (Lots of pictures so you can get them off the blog, Chels.)



I love this picture! I asked Hudson to say "cheese" and this is what I got! Love that kid!

Gavin's viking name, Sir Poopatine.

Bear was Pizzahead.

Reese was Astrid.

Finley wanted to be Astrid II.


Finley was sitting on my lap during the opening of the gifts. She had a "kitty light" (a laser pointer) that she was playing with Gavin. She was sooo cute! Christopher took this little video.

The kids with Hudson and the gift they got him. A marble race track like the one Bear got for Christmas. Such a fun toy. They played pin the tooth on toothless. And did an awesome obsticle course in training for dragon slaying.


Hudson training.

Finley's training.

Gavin's training.

The kids had pizza for lunch with "dragon juice" which was super yummy!






We got to sing Happy Birthday to the big birthday boy!

Lastly there was an Awards Ceremony where all the kids were given an award for their training. It was super cute. To this day Bear keeps asking for his award and if I remember that he won an award!

Bear's award.

Gavin's award.

Reese's award.




After the party there was lots of playing around with their souvenir swords. Christopher was good enough to humor them with losing his arms.





The kids then found a box and made it into a tank and had the others push them around in it.


The party was super fun and we are so happy that we were able to celebrate with Hudson on his special day. Happy Birthday, Buddy!

4 comments:

Brynn said...

i love that, so many cute ideas!

Gma & Pa Haslam said...

Looks like everyone had a wonderful time. Great ideas Chelsea. Happy Birthday Hudson.

Alyssia said...

I agree, looks like they had a ton of fun! I know Gavin will have a lot of fun playing with Morgan at Aarons wedding!

The Whetstone Family said...

What fun! My kids have all been so obsessed with swords lately!