The booya factor of this car is off the charts. It is to be shadowed only by next year's creation. We used Martha Stewart glitter between paint coats. The paint we used was translucent so it just kept getting cooler and cooler every coat we put on. In real life this thing has a disco party shine that puts the entire 70's decade to shame.
Love it! What kind of paint did you guys use? For some reason Jason got spray paint, and I think it would have worked better with a brush, but I don't know. LOVE the glitter!
We went to Auto Zone and bought car spray paint. The secret is to buy a paint primer and put about 4-6 light coats of that on and sand the car between coats with 400 grit sandpaper. After the primer coats you put your color on and do the same thing with 1200 grit paper between coats.
7 comments:
that is awesome! very cool car.
i love the sparkles...is that the paint, or glitter?
The booya factor of this car is off the charts. It is to be shadowed only by next year's creation. We used Martha Stewart glitter between paint coats. The paint we used was translucent so it just kept getting cooler and cooler every coat we put on. In real life this thing has a disco party shine that puts the entire 70's decade to shame.
Love it! What kind of paint did you guys use? For some reason Jason got spray paint, and I think it would have worked better with a brush, but I don't know. LOVE the glitter!
We went to Auto Zone and bought car spray paint. The secret is to buy a paint primer and put about 4-6 light coats of that on and sand the car between coats with 400 grit sandpaper. After the primer coats you put your color on and do the same thing with 1200 grit paper between coats.
You're awesome! Reading stuff like this makes me think I have NO CLUE what it's like to have a boy! Not sure how we'll do...
ooooh i love the tips! the derby is next month for us...and I'm clueless!!
Post a Comment