.....
And at night, as Christopher and I cozy up on the couch doing one of our favorite nite time retreats.....popcorn and NETFLIX baby (which by the way is AWESOME) on the big projector wall we call our TV! The white lights give just the right soft ambiance for total peace and relaxation.
We don't have glass bulbs on the tree, which I love. When Gavin was but a wee 15 month child, he forever changed the way we do Christmas tree decor, as he grabbed a bulb and crushed it in his hand requiring many stitches in his right hand. And mommy had to hold him down so they could stitch his poor tiny hand. NOPE,..mommy isn't going through that again. So, until ALL our children are older and actually listen to reason, we do crafty and soft decor. It's all fun!
.....
Every year the LDS Arlington Texas Stake does a Nativity Scene Program which has over 1500+ different sets depicting our Saviors birth. They open up their doors to all and it brings such a great spirit to the community. This year we took the kids and it was absolutely fabulous. We walked through each room of the church where literally hundreds of nativity's were set up. We saw them all, from a Star Wars depiction to those made in many foreign lands. Here are Reese, Gavin and Caden in one of the rooms. We all had a great time remembering the reason for this season,..Christ, our Savior.
P.S....if y'all could shoot me an email with your mailing address that would be super...b.c it's Christmas card time! Don't be left out! ;-)
5 comments:
Christmas is a beautiful time. I love the smell of the tree and the lights at night are just wonderful. You have a beautiful home.
i LOVE your tree! we have the same nightly ritual - only ours involves hot chocolate :) how fun!! and now i'm freaked out by my glass bulbs!!
sounds like a fun tradition with the nativities...i love things like that this time of year!!
The house looks so festive and warm! I wish we could put a tree up in our apartment but Brytteva and I aren't home enough to really enjoy one. The kids are adorable and I love how Gavin just adores Caden! They're all cuties!
I can't wait to go home to mom and dad's and see their Christmas tree! It doesn't necessarily feel like Christmas that much to me because neither Mike nor I have a tree up...or lights for that matter!
PaHaslam
What a fantastic looking Christmas tree and Grandkids to boot!
Post a Comment